- Improved Cognitive Function
- Reduced risk of cardiovascular disease due to its high levels of flavonoids
- Inflammation reduction
- Rich in antioxidants
- High in fiber
- Contains healthy fats like monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats, which help support heart health
- No crash (bye bye 3pm coffee crash)
- Mood-enhancement from Theobromine & Phenylethylamine
- Vitamins: vitamin B1 (thiamine), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B3 (niacin), and vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), which play important roles in energy production, metabolism, and nervous system function.
- Minerals: Chromium, Selenium, Potassium, Manganese, Copper, Zinc, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium
- Supppperrrrrr Tasty :)
Alongside theobromine, cacao contains caffeine, another stimulant in a class of alkaloids known as xanthines. Cacao generally contains around 12-25 milligrams of caffeine per 1-ounce (28-gram) serving.
This is significantly less caffeine than what you would find in a similar-sized serving of coffee or even some types of tea. For comparison, an average cup of coffee can contain 70-140 milligrams of caffeine depending on the type.